Ride is reclaiming their ‘OG status as the leader in lightweight boot design’ with the announcement of their new RFL (Really Freaking Light) boot, a freestyle boot that weighs in ‘below 800 grams’.
Marketing hype bulletpoints
• NEW! Liner: Intuition™ Dream Liner w/ Mobile Foam combined w/ Aegis™ Antimicrobial Coating
• Liner Fit: Liner w/ Cored Ankle Pockets, Thermo-Formable Internal & External J Bars
• NEW! Under Foot Support: Waffle Footbed
• NEW! Sole: Blown Light Meta w/ Gelpod light Impact Heel & Ice Picks
• NEW! Liner Lacing: Lock Down™ Speed Lace w/ Transition Wrap Harness™
• Shell Lacing: Traditional Lacing w/ 2 To 1 Internal Deep Draw
• Details: Lightweight Technical Construction, Micro Articulating Cuff, 3D Formed Tongue, Direct inject binding rub protection in the heel, high abrasion textile outer.
What the world needs, REALLY needs, is a RFSLYS (Really F*cking Super Light Yet Stiff) boot for splitting and/or the heavyweight crowd. Maybe throw in a helium filled sole for extended airs? Better yet, hydrogen filled soles, flint tipped shoelaces, and straw footbeds for starting an emergency fire in the BC in case you get stranded. Yes, that’s it. Ride? Burton? Anybody?